Sunday, September 23, 2007

For John

Every so often I get this urge of trying new things. It comes and goes. I forget about it pretty quickly. But John remembers it everytime. Over a year ago, I happpened to see an article on the Internet that says digital SLR cameras were hot and professional photographers did wonders with them. One night I mentioned it at the dinner table and expressed my admiration towards these SLRs. A few weeks later John bought me a Cannon SLR camera. I screamed - how wonderful! But it must be expensive (he wouldn't tell me how much it cost)! I was estatic but in the meantime I kicked myself for saying my wishes too easily because John always tries to make them come true! He is always happy to see me joyfully surprised. The fact is each time I AM truely amazed by him and I AM speechless at his loving attention. Again and again I thank God for giving John to me - not because the things he buys or does for me, but for his forever gentle caring heart!

Back to the SLR. Life has been so busy that I never fully utilized this advanced equipment as of today. This afternoon we took our duaghter and her friend to the Fort Worth garden for a walk. We did some blind photo shooting there. Suddenly I realized how little I knew about my camera - I still don't know how to set the f-stop, the exposure offset, etc. Most of the time I had to do what I always do, which is setting it to "automatic" and just point and shoot. What a waste to have such a nice camera! John kept telling me it was ok and this was a good start. He even picked out a couple of photos to prove his point. I knew he tried to make me feel better, but I couldn't stop feeling sorry because I should have been good at using this camera by now. I felt I didn't treat John's gift right, I didn't treat John right.

John suggested me to put these pictures up as some sort of self-encouragement. I know they are very so-so pictures, but I will do as he wishes...






As for the previous post "Shampoo Bottle Desgin", I am stilling working on it. There is a long way to go yet.

No comments: