Monday, November 05, 2007

Old Melody

I accidentally heard this old Chinese song on a website. I still can't remember its name, but it struck me like the bright mid-autumn moon did when i was in the country of China. Tonight, I sat down on the couch in my little office at home, turned off the lights, and let the melody start to flow. Slowly, like an old story-telling friend, this old melody brought up all the old memory to me. I don't know whether it is the beautiful music or the old memory, whatever it is, inch by inch, it filled up the whole room, it embraced me, it melted me...



Old Melody

By Steven Taylor

Hello again old melody,
please play for me today….
bring back those
special magic times
my mind keeps packed away

Sing to my soul, old
friend of mine….
your song is my desire..
so nice of you to visit me,…
your style I so admire

Your music paints my past so well,….
old smiles and tears return,
play on Old Melody my friend,
for times gone by
I yearn

Your last refrain, you slowly fade
into obscurity
Old Melody, my dear old friend,
return to me real soon

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Liuyi,

Happy new year!

Nice to see your blog posts again. I also really like this music, so familiar but just couldn't remember where I heard of it. Anyway, now I am sitting in my office but my mind is in a different world...

Nice job with Photoshop! Keep going!

Jie

Always Wondering said...

I still can't recall the name of the song! A little frustrating. But it doesn't matter. I enjoy it everytime I hear it.

Happy New Year to you and your family too!

Liuyi