Saturday, March 18, 2006

Why blog?

Reason 1: My English

My husband once told me (after reading my email), "Dear, your English is great. Whenever you answer the phone, nobody can tell you are a Chinese. But, be careful with your writing, that's when you give it away." I know he was being gentle to me. Over these years he has developed strong skills of guessing what I mean to say in my writtings. If he still tries to caution me, I know it is about time for me to practice my written English. The blog is an excellent place to do so, because I have to be a little more responsible with the words I put on the Internet.


Reason 2: Family and Friends

Hopefully by coming to my blog, my parents, my brother and old friends in China will be able to trace my activities more easily. Of course, if any friends in the States are willing to bear with my writing and read my blog, that will be great too!


Reason 3: Memory

Interesting things happen everyday. We usually just let them pass easily. I think it might be a good idea to capture some of the moments that may bring great pleasure to read when we get old. For example, my husband is a very funny guy. If he wants to, he can always make a very boring trivial thing into a laughable drama. When he does that, his countenance is so animated, his tongue is so flexible that makes all sorts of sound effects, his mind is so quick in picking out the most unexpected words that make all of us burst into laughter. Sometimes I just want to get a soda and popcorn and sit there watching him like watching a show. The blog would be a good place to record those kind of moments, wouldn't it? *

These should be good enough reasons to start a blog, right?

* My husband doesn't agree with me. He said those things are indescribable because they happen so spontaneously, it would be dull to try to replay them with words.

No comments: